Military Training Credit | KCTCS

Military Training Credit

What Is Military Training Credit?

A student may receive course credit where appropriate and equivalent courses are available for formal military training as recommended in A Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Service (ACE Guide), published by the American Council on Education (ACE).



How Can I Earn Military Training Credit?

To begin the process of receiving credit for formal military training and experience, please visit your local college veteran contact. A list of those contacts is available here.

To view credit options through ACE, visit ACE's Military Guide page.

For Military Transcript Evaluation, request an official military transcript be sent electronically to your local college. You can request your military transcript through the Joint Services Transcript Portal.

Military service credit in career-technical areas which is 10 or more years old and is to be applied toward graduation in the career-technical field must be approved by the appropriate division dean.


Is There a Cost for Military Training Credit?