Paying for College
At KCTCS, we believe no one should miss out on a college education because they think they can't afford it. That's why we offer the lowest tuition in the state and three ways to pay:
- Scholarships and Grants: funds that you don't have to repay
- Work-study: a program where you work (generally at the college) to earn money to help pay for
- Loans: money that is lent to cover expenses, but MUST be repaid with interest. Keep in mind that you are responsible for repaying your student loans even if you don't graduate.
How do I sign up?
To receive financial aid, you'll need to start planning early and make sure all forms are turned in on time.
To help you get started, we've broken the process into three easy steps:
The first step in applying for financial aid is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, you'll hear it called FAFSA. The FAFSA must be completed each year, and changes to the application are coming.
Now that you've applied for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA, it’s not required, but it’s always a good idea to apply for additional scholarships that are offered through each college, the state, and other agencies, and that don't have to be repaid.
Let's make sure you haven't missed anything. For some students additional paperwork is needed. It’s important to visit your student self-service account and check your To-Do List to make sure you've got everything taken care of.
If there is nothing for you to do, you can use that page to review your awards. Just remember that if more documents are needed, you won’t be eligible for federal aid until they are turned in and processed.
See Financial Aid Options from Your College
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Big Sandy Community & Technical College
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Gateway Community & Technical College
- Hazard Community & Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jefferson Community & Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community & Technical College
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College
- Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College