Safety Notification Alert Process
Minutes Matter Get SNAP Messages Quickly by Text, Call or Email
SNAP is the officialSafety Notification Alert Process for KCTCS. SNAP alerts users to on-campus emergencies, closings or delays for all 16 colleges and the System office.
With SNAP you can:
- Find out if classes are cancelled or delayed due to weather, power outages or other unexpected events impacting campus.
- Get severe weather notifications so you can take shelter when a storm hits.
- Receive emergency messages when something or someone could be a threat to your personal safety.
Your preferred phone numbers and/or e-mail addresses entered into Student Self-Service or theEmployee Information Center will also be used for SNAP messages during an emergency at your college. The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency, safety threat or campus closing/delay.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number(s) or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS Update your contact information by logginginto the Student Self-Service Center. You'll receive SNAP alerts through calls to your 10-digitpreferred phone number, text messages are sent to any mobile number listed in your student recordand emails are sent toyourkctcs.eduemail address.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft. You'll receive SNAP alerts through messages at your work extension, text messages sent to any mobile number listed in PeopleSoft and an email message sent to your kctcs.edu email address.
Are you a parent, board or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Sign up to receive notifications here.
Need help signing up? View the demo and step-by-step instructions here (PDF).
If you are a current KCTCS student or employee, your kctcs.edu e-mail and the preferred and mobile phone numbers listed in your college records are automatically registered to receive SNAP messages.
The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency, safety threat or campus closing/delay. Students automatically receive phone calls, text messages and e-mail messages to your registered phone numbers and kctcs.edu e-mail address. KCTCS faculty/staff automatically receive an e-mail sent to your kctcs.edu e-mail address, a text message sent to registered mobile phones and an audio alert sent to all work extensions (VOIP phones).
Students and employees will receive SNAP alerts from the college* where they are enrolled or employed.
*Please note SNAP messages are sent by college and may include messages from multiple campuses. Check the subject line and full message text to identify campus specific alerts.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number* or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS Update your contact information by logging on to the Student Self-Service Center at students.kctcs.edu.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft at employees.kctcs.edu.
* Please provide a complete 10 digit phone number with area code (example: 859-123-4567)
Are you a parent, board member or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Sign up to receive notifications here.
If you would like to add a cell phone to receive text messages, you can add a mobile phone number in the Student/Employee Self-Service Center and SNAP messages will automatically be sent to you by text message OR you can create a new account here and add a cell phone to receive text notifications.
You do have the option to unsubscribe from SNAP text or e-mail messages.
To stop SNAP text messages:
- Text STOP from your cell phone to 68453 or reply STOP to a SNAP message.
- For help information at any time, text HELP from your phone to 68453.
To stop e-mail messages:
- At the bottom of your SNAP e-mail, click "Unsubscribe" to stop messages to that e-mail address.
If you are receiving unwanted phone calls and would like to unsubscribe from SNAP calls please provide a complete 10 digit phone number with area code in the message of our contact form here.
NOTE: If you are no longer a KCTCS student or employee and would like to stop phone, e-mail and text messages login to your account here. Under "My Account" click "Permanently close my account".
All applicable charges and fees set by your cell phone carrier will apply. If you have unlimited texting or free incoming messages there will be no additional charge for a SNAP SMS Text.
If you have limited text messaging on your account and you have reached your maximum messages during a billing period, your cell phone carrier may charge you for an additional message.
To stop text messages, text STOP from your cell phone to 68453 or reply STOP to any SNAP message you receive.