Military & Veterans Benefits

Many benefits are available to advance the education and skills of Service Members and Veterans.  Contact your coordinator for one-on-one assistance with applying for any of the following benefits.

VA Educational Benefits

All students should visit GI Bill® Benefits for the most up-to-date information on the following education benefits.  Find out if you are eligible for the GI Bill® and related benefits, and learn how to apply online. 


  • Service members who served at least 90 aggregate days of active duty after September 10, 2001
  • Children of a member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 may be eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits under the Marine Gunnery John David Fry Scholarship Program
  • Members of the uniformed services may be eligible to transfer their unused benefits to their spouse or dependent(s). Generally, they must agree to serve four more years when transferring benefits.


  • First time enlistment of armed forces/active duty on or after July 1, 1985*
  • High school graduate or completed GED
  • Application:  Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990

* Consult VA for other eligibility


  • Reservist enlisted/re-enlisted for six years after October 1, 1990
  • High school graduate or completed GED
  • Completed initial active duty for training
  • Application:  Contact reserve unit to verify eligibility.  Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990.  Submit DD-2384 (Notice of Basic Eligibility)


  • Child or spouse of a veteran who has a 100 percent, service-related disability
  • Child or widow whose parents/spouses death was service-related
  • Application:  Complete and submit VA Form 22-5490


  • Participated in voluntary, contributory matching program set up for those entering armed forces between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985
  • Active duty service of at least 24 months
  • Application:  Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Tuition Assistance

If you are on active duty, a drilling reservist, or a member of the National Guard you may qualify for Federal or State Tuition Assistance (TA). Work with your respective branch of service if you plan to use TA. See the following links for additional information.

Air Force
Coast Guard
Kentucky National Guard

Applicants and students must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or Counselor prior to enrolling.

Tuition Waiver

A waiver of tuition is an education benefit provided by the Commonwealth of Kentucky in recognition of military service of certain Kentucky veterans. The tuition waiver is provided for children, stepchildren, spouses, and un-remarried widows & widowers. Complete the online application, call 502-564-9203, or email for additional information.