Video Contest Official Rules
Student Video Contest Rules
College for My World
We know choosing to go to college is a big decision. There are many different options and a lot to take into consideration. We’d love to hear what helped in your decision to choose a KCTCS school, what has motivated you to stick with it and how it is propelling you to a better life. KCTCS isn't just College for the Real World, it is College for YOUR World!
Submit a short video to become eligible to win one of two iPads or an Apple Watch.
Entries are due by midnight EST on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- People’s Choice: The video with the most views on TikTok will receive an iPad valued at approximately $450. Their video will be shared across the KCTCS system and could be featured in a TV commercial.
- KCTCS Employee Choice: A panel of KCTCS employees will vote on the videos based on a rubric of criteria. This winner will receive an iPad valued at approximately $450. Their video will be shared across the KCTCS system and could be featured in a TV commercial. Eligible videos can be uploaded and shared via TikTok, YouTube or Instagram.
- Random Drawing: All entrants (except for winners mentioned above) will be entered in a random drawing for an Apple Watch, valued at $350. Eligible videos can be uploaded and shared via TikTok, YouTube or Instagram.
- All entrants will receive a t-shirt.
- All entrants may have their video shared through the KCTCS Scoop, college websites, Facebook and other social media channels, and more.
Must be a current student, enrolled in at least three credit hours at one of the following colleges:
- Ashland Community and Technical College
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Gateway Community and Technical College
- Hazard Community and Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jefferson Community College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community College
- Owensboro Community College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Videos submitted must be no longer than (1) one minute in duration.
- No copyrighted material may be used.
- Video posted on TikTok must be visible to the public -- not listed as private.
- Video cannot contain content that violates the submission standards of TikTok/Instagram.
- By submitting a video, entrants agree that all persons represented in the video did provide their agreement to participate and have provided their agreement for future use of their photograph, or likeness, by contest sponsors.
- Those wishing to participate but do not have a TikTok account can upload a video from Youtube or Instagram with the same requirements as above but will be ineligible for the People’s Choice Award.
- KCTCS reserves the right to edit and/or modify any video content or video titles and publish or advertise the video without Entrant’s approval, acknowledgment or compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant agrees to defend, release and hold harmless KCTCS and its agents from and against any claims, action and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from Entrant’s participation herein (including in connection with the use and/or exploitation of the submitted video) or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. KCTCS reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. US law governs these contest rules.
- KCTCS has the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of your entry however it sees fit without approval of entrant or any third party. Entrants grants KCTCS the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and video submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the videos or screen names online for any purpose or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing the videos with the media for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither entrants nor winner shall receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules.
- KCTCS is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation herein, or for any injury to person or property, including but not limited to video equipment, arising from the entrant’s participation herein or for the use or misuse of any prize won. KCTCS is not responsible for lost, late, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Entrant warrants that their submission is original, that publication of the submission will not infringe on the rights of others, and Entrant has full power to grant ownership to KCTCS as stated herein.
- KCTCS has no obligation of any nature to publish, promote, display or otherwise use any information provided by Entrants, including but not limited to biographical or video content.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- Winners will be notified and must execute final releases and information requests prior to payment of the prizes. Failure to do so will void the award.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to contest requirements, and on how well they manage to convey the themes of the topic. These are clearly subjective categories and will be treated as such.