Finalists announced in KCTCS presidential search
Versailles, Ky. – Three leaders in education have been named finalists to become the next president of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS).
The finalists are:
- Paul Czarapata, KCTCS interim president
- Anton Reece, president of West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Casey Sacks, interim vice chancellor for the West Virginia Community and Technical College System and West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
Candidates will participate in a virtual forum on April 20. The forum will allow KCTCS faculty, staff, students and others to hear answers to questions submitted by groups within the system, such as student government presidents, Academic Senate and the college presidents. Audience members will receive a survey after the interviews and submit feedback that the KCTCS Board of Regents will use in making a final selection. The event will be moderated by former TV reporter Mary Jo Perino.
- 10 a.m. (ET) - Anton Reece
- 12:30 p.m. (ET) - Casey Sacks
- 3 p.m. (ET) - Paul Czarapata
Candidate interviews with the board will take place in person on April 21 during closed session (not viewable by the public pursuant to Kentucky open meeting laws). The board will announce the new president at the conclusion of their deliberations that day.
“The board is pleased and excited about this group of finalists,” KCTCS Board of Regents Chair Gail Henson said. “We’ve made it very hard on ourselves by selecting three extremely qualified and experienced candidates. I appreciate the board and selection committee’s hard work and look forward to announcing our new president soon.”
Information about the candidates may be viewed on the KCTCS presidential website.