University of Maryland Global Campus
University of Maryland Global Campus provides the opportunity for KCTCS students to complete its academic programs fully online.
Key Points of the Alliance Partnership
- Students can transfer academic coursework in which they have earned a grade of C or higher.
- Up to 70 credits can be transferred toward a bachelor degree at UMGC.
- Students will receive a 25% tuition reduction if KCTCS is identified on the UMGC application.
- The application fee will be waived if KCTCS is identified on the UMGC application.
- Guaranteed admission for KCTCS graduates.
- More information, including the pathways listed below, is available at UMGC’s website (https://www.umgc.edu/transfers-and-credits/community-college-alliances/national-community-college-alliances.cfm)
UMGC and KCTCS have developed recommended career pathways for you to optimize your associate degree so you can choose a bachelor’s that aligns with your goals. You can choose from the following paths:
- AAS in Business Administration Systems to BS in Business Administration
- AAS in Computer and Information Technologies to BS in Cybersecurity Networks and Cybersecurity
- AAS in Computer and Information Technologies to BS in Software Development and Security
- AAS in Criminal Justice to BS in Criminal Justice
- AA General Education to BS in General Studies
The courses listed in the pathways are recommended by University of Maryland Global Campus for a student to take for seamless transfer. Please work with a KCTCS advisor to make sure KCTCS program and graduation requirements are met. This information is subject to change without prior notice and does not guarantee seamless transfer.