Medical Coding Certificate
22 Credit Hours
- Discuss legal and ethical considerations in a medical setting.
- Identify and properly use nationally recognized medical coding systems.
- Explain and apply various types of medical insurance programs.
- Explain and properly use the special terms, marks, abbreviations, and symbols found in a medical setting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of quality movement concepts and the impact on office interaction and patient services.
- OST 110 - Document Formatting and Introduction to Word Processing
- BIO 135 - Basic Anatomy and Physiology with Laboratory
- MIT 103 - Medical Office Terminology
- AHS 115 - Medical Terminology
- MIT 104 - Medical Insurance
- MIT 204 - Medical Coding
* Students can fulfill the Biology requirement with both BIO 137 and BIO 139