Web Programming Certificate
The Web Programming Certificate offers students the opportunity to earn a credential demonstrating web programming competencies. This certificate consists of the core skills that students need to effectively develop websites using web programming. In addition, this certificate will provide a way for professionals currently in the industry to update their web programming skills and for new students to show progress in the CIT program.
24 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this program, the graduate can:
- Use HTML and CSS in page layout.
- Utilize principles of graphic and content creation for online media.
- Design and develop integrated web database applications such as inventory, billing, and shipping.
- Design and develop programs using primitive data types in a web programming language.
- Create interactive web pages utilizing client-side and server-side scripting.
- CIT 120 - Computational Thinking
- CIT 150 - Internet Technologies
- CIT 155 - Web Page Development
- CIT 157 - Web Site Design and Production
- CIT 171 - SQL I
- CIT 253 - Data-Driven Web Pages: Topic
Choose one of the following Approved Level I Web Programming Language Courses
Choose one of the following Approved Level II Web Programming Language
- CIT 248
- CIT 249
Program requirements list only courses available through KCTCS Online. Other options may be available through traditional KCTCS delivery methods (on campus or traditional distance learning).
When a student registers for a General Education modularized course, the student must complete all of the courses in that series to fulfill General Education category requirements, e.g., ECO 101 - 3 credits meets the Social Interaction category requirement. If ECO 101 has three modules, ECO 1011, 1012, and 1013, all three ECO 101 modules must be completed before the Social Interaction category requirement will be fulfilled. The student cannot take three modularized courses from three different parent courses to meet the general education category requirement, e.g., ANT 1011, ECO 1011, and PY 1101.