Net+ Prep Certificate
The Net+ Certificate offers students the opportunity to earn a credential demonstrating fundamentals of computer networking. This certificate consists of the core skills that students need to effectively build and maintain computer networks. In addition, this certificate will provide a way for professionals currently in the industry to update their computer networking skills and for new students to show progress in the CIT program. The Net+ Certificate prepares students for the CompTia Net+ exam which is recognized by the computer industry around the world.
3 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this program, the graduate can:
- Plan and install a home or small business network and connect it to the internet.
- Identify and explain the types of transmission media used for communications channels.
- Verify and troubleshoot network and internet connectivity.
- Share resources such as files and printers among multiple computers.
- Recognize and mitigate security threats to a home network.
- Configure and verify common internet applications.
- Configure basic IP services through a GUI.
- Explain the OSI 7-layer model.
- Terminate cable and understand cable specifications.
- CIT 160 - Intro to Networking Concepts