The Microsoft Network Administrator Certificate offers students the opportunity to
earn a credential demonstrating the fundamentals of computer networking. This certificate
consists of the core skills that students need to effectively build and maintain computer
networks. In addition, this certificate will provide a way for professionals current
in the industry to update their computer networking skills and for new students to
show progress in the CIT program.
19 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this program, the graduate can:
- Set up and manage user accounts including e-mail and internet capability.
- Install and maintain vendor-specific network components including servers, workstations,
printers and communication infrastructure.
- Analyze business information needs and design vendor-specific network solutions to
enhance productivity and competitiveness.
- Explain how the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model relates to development and
troubleshooting of network communications.
- Implement TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/internet Protocol) addressing and
- Design communications solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Implement a disaster recovery protection plan.