49 Credit Hours
Medical Administrative Assistant:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business English communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic accounting skills.
- Key and format business letter, memos, reports, and tables.
- Organize, analyze, and make information useful by employing mathematics.
- Compose written, oral and electronic business communications.
- Apply record management skills to store and retrieve records.
- Use a computer system to produce accurate documents in a specified amount of time.
- Use current software including operating systems, database, spreadsheet, word processing,
presentation, voice recognition, and telecommunications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical insurance coding terminology and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and basic skill of the electronic medical/health record.
- Demonstrate an understanding of office technology concepts and applications.
- Operate a computer using various computer application programs.
- BIO 135- Basic Anatomy and Physiology with Laboratory
- ENG 101- Writing I
*Students can fulfill the Biology requirement with both BIO 137 and BIO 139.
Technical & Support Courses
- ACT 101 - Fundamentals of Accounting I
- ACC 201 - Financial Accounting
- OST 110 - Document Formatting and Introduction to Word Processing
- OST 210 - Advanced Word Processing Applications
- MAT 110 - Applied Mathematics
- OST 235 - Business Communications Technology
- MIT 230 - Medical Information Management
- MIT 104 - Medical Insurance
- MIT 217 - Medical Office Procedures
- MIT 228 - Electronic Health Records
- MIT 103 - Medical Office Terminology
- CIT 130 - Productivity Software
- AHS 115 - Medical Terminology
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computers
- Course Approved by Program Coordinator (3 Credit Hours)
Contact a Learn on Demand Student Success Coach
View all programs
Program requirements list only courses available through KCTCS Online. Other options
may be available through traditional KCTCS delivery methods (on campus or traditional
When a student registers for a General Education modularized course, the student must
complete all of the courses in that series to fulfill General Education category requirements,
e.g., ECO 101 - 3 credits meets the Social Interaction category requirement. If ECO
101 has three modules, ECO 1011, 1012, and 1013, all three ECO 101 modules must be
completed before the Social Interaction category requirement will be fulfilled. The
student cannot take three modularized courses from three different parent courses
to meet the general education category requirement, e.g., ANT 1011, ECO 1011, and