Hospital Admissions Specialist Certificate
Upon completing the program, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business English communications skills.
- Use a computer system to produce accurate documents in a specified amount of time.
- Compose written, oral, and electronic business communications.
- Apply record management skills to store and retrieve records.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical insurance coding terminology and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of office technology concepts and applications.
- Operate a computer using various computer application programs.
Credit Hours: 30
|OST 105||Introduction to Information Systems OR||3|
|CIT 105||Introduction to Computers||(3)|
|OST 108||Editing Skills for Office Professionals OR||3|
|ENG 101||Writing I||(3)|
|OST 110||Document Formatting and Word Processing||3|
|OST 235||Business Communications Technology||3|
|MIT 230||Medical Information Management||3|
|MIT 103||Medical Office Terminology OR||3|
|AHS 115||Medical Terminology OR||(3)|
|CLA 131||Medical Terminology from Greek & Latin||(3)|
|MIT 104||Medical Insurance||3|
|MIT 217||Medical Office Procedures||3|
|MIT 224||Medical Practice Management||3|
|MIT 228||Electronic Medical Records||3|
|Total Credit Hours||30|