Electronic Health Records Specialist
Upon completion of the program, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the practices and procedures of current office concepts with emphasis given to the electronic office.
- Use appropriate techniques and procedures in the management of records within an office setting.
- Identify and apply rules and regulations of medical filing systems and procedures using manual and electronic filing systems.
- Use a computer system to produce accurate documents in a specified amount of time.
- Exhibit effective human relations skills, initiative, and professional attitude.
Credit Hours: 28-30
|MIT 103||Medical Office Terminology OR||3|
|CLA 131||Medical Terminology from Greek and Latin OR||(3)|
|AHS 115||Medical Terminology||(3)|
|MIT 104||Medical Insurance||3|
|OST 110||Document Formatting and Word Processing||3|
|MIT 217||Medical Office Procedures||3|
|MIT 224||Medical Practice Management||3|
|MIT 228||Electronic Health Records||3|
|MIT 230||Medical Information Management||3|
|OST 240||Software Integration OR||3|
|CIT 130||Productivity Software||(3)|
|OST 105||Inroduction to Information Systems OR||3|
|CIT 105||Introduction to Computers||(3)|
|Course Approved by Program Coordinator||1-3|
|Total Credit Hours||28-30|