Computer Forensics Certificate
The Criminal Justice Program prepares the student for entry-level work in the fields of law enforcement, corrections, court systems, loss safety and prevention, and other related occupations.
Graduates who complete an AAS Criminal Justice Degree may seek job opportunities on the federal, state, county, municipal levels of government, and private sectors of the criminal justice field.
23 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this program, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature, function, and scope of criminal justice ideologies, issues, and programs related to computer forensics.
- Identify and demonstrate the abilities needed to interpret and understand various aspects cybercrime and the forensic tools used to gather court admissible evidence.
- Understand the planning, detection, and response to counteracting and overcoming hacker attaches and computer related offenses.
- Identify and demonstrate the abilities needed to investigate and utilize advanced computer software systems.
- CRJ 100 - Introduction to Criminal Justice (OR) CRJ 204
- CRJ 220
- CRJ 230
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computers
- CIT 111 - Computer Hardware and Software
- CIT 160 - Intro to Networking Concepts (OR) CIT 161 - Introduction to Networks
- CIT 180 - Security Fundamentals