Microsoft Network Administrator Certificate
The Microsoft Network Administrator Certificate offers students the opportunity to earn a credential demonstrating the fundamentals of computer networking. This certificate consists of the core skills that students need to effectively build and maintain computer networks. In addition, this certificate will provide a way for professionals current in the industry to update their computer networking skills and for new students to show progress in the CIT program.
19 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this program, the graduate can:
- Set up and manage user accounts including e-mail and internet capability.
- Install and maintain vendor-specific network components including servers, workstations, printers and communication infrastructure.
- Analyze business information needs and design vendor-specific network solutions to enhance productivity and competitiveness.
- Explain how the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model relates to development and troubleshooting of network communications.
- Implement TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/internet Protocol) addressing and subnetting schemes.
- Design communications solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Implement a disaster recovery protection plan.
- CIT 160 - Intro to Networking Concepts
- CIT 161 - Introduction to Networks
- CIT 213 - MS Client/Server Config
- CIT 214 - Server Infrastructure Admin
Choose two of the following Approved CIT Courses
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computers
- CIT 111 - Computer Hardware and Software
- CIT 120 - Computational Thinking
- CIT 130 - Productivity Software
- CIT 144 - Python I
- CIT 148 - Visual Basic I
- CIT 149 - Java I
- CIT 150 - Internet Technologies
- CIT 155 - Web Page Development
- CIT 157 - Web Site Design and Production
- CIT 167 - Routing & Switching Essentials
- CIT 170 - Database Design Fundamentals
- CIT 171 - SQL I
- CIT 180 - Security Fundamentals
- CIT 182 - Perimeter Defense
- CIT 184 - Attacks and Exploits
- CIT 209 - Scaling Networks
- CIT 212 - Connecting Networks
- CIT 217 - UNIX/Linux Administration
- CIT 232 - Help Desk Operations
- CIT 234 - Advanced Productivity Software
- CIT 236 - Advanced Data Organization Software
- CIT 253 - Data-Driven Web Pages: Topic
- CIT 278 - Visual Basic III
- CIT 284 - Computer Forensics
- CIT 288 - Network Security
- CIT 291 - Capstone: Design and Implementation