The Team Leadership Certificate prepares the student for a career in team leadership,
supervision and / or management in a variety of different organizations. Modules
18 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this certificate, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate basic skills in computer operations, software applications, and electronic
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills, including those required for formal
presentations, interpersonal communications, and in using all aspects of communications
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the leader, emphasizing
human relations skills and recognizing the behavioral factors of individuals and groups
in the work environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic business terminology and interrelationships
- Apply techniques of leadership to achieve personal, group and organizational goals
through the applications of behavioral and motivational understanding.
- Apply a systematic, data oriented approach to managing quality and leading people.
- Apply quality techniques to all functions of the management process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of team building, employee empowerment, business ethics,
decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic methods of recruiting, selecting, training,
compensating, and maintaining a productive workforce.
- BAS 287 - Supervisory Management
- BAS 288 - Personal and Organizational Leadership
- CIT 105 - Introduction to Computers
Choose from one of the following courses
- COM 181 - Basic Public Speaking
- COM 252 - Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
Choose from one of the following technical courses
- BAS 160 - Introduction to Business
- BAS 274 - Human Resource Management
- BAS 290 - Management, Ethics, and Society
Contact a Learn on Demand Student Success Coach
View all programs