Payroll Accounting Specialist Certificate
The Payroll Accounting Specialist Certificate prepares students for entry level work in payroll processing.
9 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this certificate, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic financial accounting concepts for decision-making, planning and control.
- Explain the elements of internal control systems.
- Demonstrate the use and function of emerging/existing communication and information processing technology and its application to accounting practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, organize and communicate relevant data used in external financial reporting.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of payroll accounting and its related tax obligations.
- ACC 201 - Financial Accounting
- ACT 196 - Payroll Accounting
- ACT 279 - Computerized Accounting Systems