The Entrepreneurship Certificate is focused on providing foundational business knowledge
necessary to turn a project, idea, product or service into a business venture. Certificate
graduates will learn how to prepare a business plan, identify sources of venture and
operating capital, gain product development knowledge, learn methods of marketing
their idea or business, learn how to read and understand financial statements, and
gain personal and organization leadership qualities that will provide business tools
to new or current entrepreneurs.
12 Credit Hours
Upon completion of this certificate, the graduate can:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of entrepreneurship and identify several characteristics
of a successful entrepreneur.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the purpose and structure of a business plan.
- Identify the basic marketing and management skills necessary for an entrepreneur.
- Describe the marketing functions and describe the ways marketing facilitates exchange
and creates economic utility.
- Describe and evaluate promotional efforts, including advertising, sales promotion,
personal selling, and publicity.
- Describe marketing challenges currently facing businesses and organizations.
- Apply techniques of leadership to achieve personal, group and organizational goals
through the application of behavioral and motivational understanding.
- ACC 201 - Financial Accounting
- BAS 170 - Entrepreneurship
- BAS 282 - Principles of Marketing
- BAS 288 - Personal and Organizational Leadership
Contact a Learn on Demand Student Success Coach
View all programs