CIT 130 - Productivity Software
Utilizes current word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation application software to solve common business problems. Covers basic features of each software application.
Credit Hours: 3
Course Requirements/Pre-requisites: CIT 105 OR OST 105 OR IMD 100 OR Consent of Instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student can:
- Use a productivity software package to create, edit, print, and save documents.
- Use productivity tools such as spelling and grammar.
- Apply formatting features such as font, color, margins, headers, and footers.
- Use tools such as cut, copy and paste within a document and between documents.
- Create HTML file formats for web publishing.
- Create new documents using templates and wizards.
- Use a word processing program to insert and use table features.
- Use a word processing program to insert and use table column features.
- Insert pictures and Clipart into word processing documents.
- Use a spreadsheet package to create common business reports and budgets.
- Use mathematical formulas and common statistical, date, financial, and logical functions.
- Make formatting changes to a worksheet including column width, row height, cell, and table formatting.
- Use autofill to copy and paste formulas and repeat patterns.
- Create effective charts, including bar, line, and pie charts, to accompany business reports.
- Use a relational database management program to create tables, queries, forms, reports, and labels.
- Use query feature to extract information from a database using simple and compound conditions.
- Use relationship feature to join tables in a database and obtain information from multiple tables.
- Plan and create an electronic slide show presentation using a presentation software package.
- Use timing, transition, and animation features to enhance a presentation.
Visit Tuition and Costs for a complete breakdown of additional KCTCS charges.