KCTCS Colleges provide proctoring services to KCTCS students at no charge.
Proctored exams require students to take an examination in a controlled location under the supervision of a proctor who monitors students during the exam period. A proctored exam permits instructors to limit student access to certain materials such as books, notes, and the Internet and to verify the identity of the individual taking the exam.
- Students are to schedule proctored exams as soon as the test schedule is known early in the semester and no later than one (1) week before the exam. Proctor Contacts are listed on the Proctor Exams page.
- Upon arriving at the proctor site, students must present a government-issued, or KCTCS College picture ID. Students without the proper picture ID will not be permitted to take the exam.
- Inform proctor center in advance of any changes that might affect your scheduled testing date and time.
- Assessment Centers will confirm with your instructors that the password and other test information have been provided.
- Verify with your instructor all testing requirements such as use of resources needed including textbooks, calculators, software, or passwords to access software.
- Adhere to KCTCS Assessment Centers rules and procedures. For example, children and cell phones are not allowed in Assessment Centers.
- Students are responsible for any costs associated with proctoring services outside of a KCTCS Assessment Center. (For example, proctoring sites such as an employer, faculty, library, public school, university, etc., may charge a fee. A site other than a KCTCS proctor center must be approved by your instructor.)
In case of inclement weather, students should check the colleges website or call the college directly for information about college closings.