KCTCS Colleges provide proctoring services to KCTCS students at no charge.
Proctored exams require students to take an examination in a controlled location under the supervision of a proctor who monitors students during the exam period. A proctored exam permits instructors to limit student access to certain materials such as books, notes, and the Internet and to verify the identity of the individual taking the exam.
- Students are encouraged to schedule proctored exams as soon as possible and no later
than one (1) week before the exam. Proctor Contacts are listed on the Proctor Exams page.
- Upon arriving at the proctor site, students must present a government-issued, or KCTCS
College picture ID. Students without the proper picture ID will not be permitted to
take the exam.
- Inform proctor center in advance of any changes that might affect your scheduled testing
date and time.
- Assessment Centers will confirm with your instructors that the password and other
test information have been provided.
- Verify with your instructor all testing requirements such as use of resources needed
including textbooks, calculators, software, or passwords to access software.
- Adhere to KCTCS Assessment Centers rules and procedures. For example, children and
cell phones are not allowed in Assessment Centers.
- Students are responsible for any costs associated with proctoring services outside of a KCTCS Assessment Center. (For example, proctoring sites such as an employer, faculty, library, public school, university, etc., may charge a fee. A site other than a KCTCS proctor center must be approved by your instructor.)
In case of inclement weather, students should check the colleges website or call the college directly for information about college closings.