Test Proctoring Instructions for KCTCS Online Faculty
As the number of KCTCS students participating in distance learning continues to increase, more faculty are requiring proctored exams. This page has been developed as a faculty guideline for requesting proctored exams from, and communicating with, area testing centers. Within the framework of the KCTCS Home College Model, a responsibility of the Distance Learning Instructor (DLI) will be to effectively manage the timely distribution of tests requiring a proctor for students enrolled in online classes.
Faculty Procedures for Administering Tests through a Proctor
Proctored exams require students to take an examination in a controlled location under the supervision of a proctor who monitors students during the exam period. A proctored exam permits instructors to limit student access to certain materials such as books, notes, and the Internet and to verify the identity of the individual taking the exam.
- If proctored exams are needed, one is preferred and no more than two with justification.
- Submit all proctored exam information, including password, within the first two weeks of
the beginning of 16-week term to the KCTCS Distance Learning Proctor Resource Center .
IMPORTANT: Assessment Centers and proctors will use the KCTCS Online Proctoring Services Database exclusively.
- Ensure that students scheduling needs are accommodated by scheduling exams within a window consisting of a variety of days and times.
- Ensure that Assessment Centers appointment availability is accommodated by scheduling exams within a window consisting of a variety of days and times.
- Place all exams and supplemental materials online in a location that students can access and submit responses.
- Assessment Centers will not fax or mail completed exams or other documents to the instructor.
- Inform students of the proctored exam scheduling procedure in the syllabus and refer students to the KCTCS Online Proctor Exams.
In a situation where a student cannot travel to a KCTC proctor center, instructor and student shall agree upon the appropriate proctoring environment such as employer, faculty, library, public school.
|Big Sandy||Judy Howell|
|Owensboro||Edward (Ed) Morris|
|Southcentral Kentucky||Leah Wendt|
|Southeast Kentucky||David Clutts|
|West Kentucky||Karen Hlinka|