Financial Aid and Transfer Scholarships

Financial Aid

Many types of aid may be available to help you pay for college when you decide to transfer, including:

  • grants
  • scholarships
  • work-study programs
  • conversion scholarships/loans
  • waivers
  • military benefits
  • national service award
  • prepaid tuition
  • student loans

The financial aid office at the college or university you want to attend can help you determine if you qualify for institutional aid, including aid not listed above. You can also learn more about aid from the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority.

Transfer Scholarships

Most colleges and universities also offer scholarships to transfer students. These are usually competitive scholarships with minimum GPA and credit hour requirements. For more information about transfer scholarships, consult a Transfer contact or website of the college or university you want to attend.