Sign into blackboard User Account Center Search Start your path to a high wage high demand career!
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Student Self-Service Center Check your email

1098-T Tax Forms

1098-T forms are required to be postmarked by January 31st. KCTCS makes every effort to have these mailed prior to this date.

General Information

You may qualify for Federal income tax deductions or credits for qualified educational expenses you actually paid during a calendar year. Form 1098-T contains information about the expenses you are allowed to claim. The IRS requires educational institutions like KCTCS to provide Form 1098-T to students. To claim allowable deductions or credits, the student—or the person who claims the student as a dependent—must file Form 1098-T with their individual tax return.

Filing and IRS Information

Other than what is provided on Form 1098-T, KCTCS cannot provide specific information about your potential eligibility for educational deductions or credits. For detailed information, please review the following documents at the Internal Revenue Service website:

  • Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education
  • Form 8863, Education Credits
  • The instructions for Form 1040 and 1040A.

Or you may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

Address and Social Security Corrections

For address or social security number corrections please contact us. Or call our 1098-T voice mail line at 1-855-465-2827, leave your name (please spell the last name), your KCTCS ID or the last four digits of your social security number, contact phone number and a brief message of your questions.

A 1098T form does not have to be furnished if any of the following occurs:
  • Courses for which no academic credit is offered
  • Nonresident alien students, unless requested by the student
  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships and grants
  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely covered by the student's employer or government entity