Information Security Brief
A quick reminder from the KCTCS Technology Solutions team:
- We will never ask you to verify your account
- We will never ask for your password
- In addition to the above, we do NOT endorse Google Forms for collecting your KCTCS login information.
- We do NOT endorse job opportunity emails with links that collect information via Google Forms
- We will never ask you to provide your verification code to confirm your identity via text, email, or phone call. Do NOT share this code with anyone, even those claiming to be from KCTCS
The best way to avoid scams is to approach all unexpected messages, offers, and phone calls with a healthy skepticism. Helpful habits include:
- Always think twice before clicking on links or opening attachments, even if they look like they're from someone you know. If you’re not sure, contact the sender by a different method you know is legitimate to confirm they sent it (e.g., they send an email, you make a phone call).
- Verify requests for private information. Remember, con artists know how to fake their identities.
- Protect your passwords. Make them long and strong, never reveal them to anyone, and use different passwords for different accounts.
Thank you for all you do to help keep our systems safe and your help in contributing to good cyber hygiene at KCTCS!